- The Department will accept manual and electronic physician certification forms until May 26th.
All manual forms must be submitted by May 25th. After that date, only electronic forms will be accepted.
Information and tutorials for physicians can be found here.
Patient information and tutorials can be found here.
Notice: Certifying physicians with verified accounts may now submit electronic physician certification forms directly to the Department through the secure electronic registration system. The tutorials below provide step by step guidance for physicians to register, become verified with the Department and submit electronic forms:
Your Role as a Participating Physician
Be a Missouri licensed physician in good standing to practice medicine or osteopathy pursuant to Missouri law, follow DHSS Guidance for Certification Appointments, and submit electronic physician certification forms using your account in the registry portal.
- Notice: The Missouri Medical Marijuana Regulatory Program will continue to accept manual forms uploaded in the patient application, gradually transitioning towards full electronic form integration, currently scheduled for June 2021, at which time the Department will no longer accept manual forms.
- NOTE: Physicians should be aware that your submitted information in the registry portal may be subject to Missouri’s Sunshine Law.
- Only the department has authority to issue licenses to qualifying patients and/or their caregivers for the purpose of possessing and purchasing medical marijuana.
- Manual Forms will no longer be accepted as of May 26th, 2021. The Department encourages physicians and patients to utilize electronic forms before that date. All existing manual forms must be submitted by May 25th.
- DHSS Guidance for Certification Appointments
- Brochures such as the Medical Marijuana Physician Information Brochure #227 (April 2020) can be found on the Publications page with information on how to order free publications from the department’s warehouse.