The Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) is covered under the State Merit System. The Office of Administration/Division of Personnel (OA/DP) administers the Electronic Application System. Visit the Division of Personnel’s web site at www.ease.mo.gov to apply.
If you qualify, you will receive a score based on your education and experience. If eligible, your name will be added to a register for the job classification. A register includes a list of names, ranked in score order. When DHSS has a vacancy in a county in which you are available, you will receive a letter asking if you wish to pursue the vacancy.
NOTE: Applicants must respond to letters received in the stated time frame or their name may be removed from that register.
Helpful Links & Resources
- How Do I Apply for a Job with DHSS - step-by-step instructions to apply for a job at DHSS
- Majors & Corresponding Job Titles - based on your degree, you might qualify for the listed DHSS jobs
- State of Missouri Merit Application - direct link to EASe website
- State Job Descriptions - list of merit job descriptions to review pay, duties, required education and/or experience
- State Employee Benefits - list of the benefits available to State employees
- MO Careers - State Employment Opportunities - direct link to listing of all State job opportunities
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Paper Merit Application - State merit paper application is required for few positions not in EASe system. To be returned to Office of Administration/Division of Personnel.
DHSS Current Employment Opportunities - click here to be linked to MO Careers. Click on ‘Agency’ to sort alpha by agency, and scroll to Health and Senior Services
Currently Open Registers - the following merit registers are open for the addition of qualifying applicants. This does not indicate a job opportunity
- Adult Protective and Community Worker I-II (open continuously)