State Public Health Laboratory
- Recent improvements to MSPHL STI/HIV laboratory services
- COVID-19 Specimen Collection Supplies Inventory
- COVID-19 Specimen Collection Supplies Online Ordering System
- For questions about novel coronavirus please contact 877-435-8411
- Testing for Novel Coronavirus
- Online Payment Now Available
- Administrative Rule Review
- DHSS Health Alerts, Advisories and Updates
(includes Zika alerts, advisories and updates)
State Public Health Laboratory Video
The Missouri State Public Health Laboratory is dedicated to promoting, protecting and partnering for health by delivering quality public health laboratory services.
About seven million tests (many required by law) are performed in the MSPHL and one branch laboratory located in Poplar Bluff. Approximately 300,000 mailing kits are assembled and distributed each year for the return of specimens from hospitals and private laboratories as well as city, county and district health offices. The MSPHL also functions as a reference lab for medical laboratories in the state and confirms results or completes organism identification.