Facility - Rejected Applications
Notice: Microbusiness applicants - the below rejection information does not apply to the rejection timeframe microbusiness applicants receive. Please select the following links that will take you to the Microbusiness landing page here or the Microbusiness tutorial page here for additional guidance.
Pursuant to 19 CSR 30-95.040(1)(B)4, “the department will notify an applicant if an application is incomplete and will specify in the notification what information is missing” from the application. While the department is only under the obligation to notify applicants that their applications are missing some piece of information and, if so, what information is missing, it is the policy of the department to help all applicants through the application process whenever it is possible to do so fairly and consistently. For this reason, letters notifying applicants that their application has been rejected will include much more information and guidance than is required by the rule. In addition to notifying applicants of missing information, the department will also include direction for applicants on what areas of an application they should review for full compliance and for what reasons. It is the department’s hope that doing this will result in many applicants successfully submitting compliant applications and not just complete applications. However, whether the applicant chooses to utilize this additional guidance or not, it will be the applicant’s responsibility to ensure his or her application complies with all applicable rules.
- The department will not accept any application documentation outside of the online registry system. Only applications in a rejected status, in their entirety, will be permitted to be edited.
- Both the registered account user and the primary contact listed within the application will receive electronic notification of rejection. Only the primary contact will receive the Notification of Rejection Letter.
- Applicants will have seven (7) calendar days from notification of rejection to provide the necessary missing information pursuant to 19 CSR 30-95.040(1)(B)4, or 19 CSR 30-95.040(1)(C) for transportation facilities.
- REMINDER: After uploading files or editing data, be sure you click the “SAVE” button to commit your changes before submitting or resubmitting your application to the department. NEW
- Applicants will not be permitted to submit a new application in lieu of a rejected application. Rejected applications must be resubmitted by 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time of the due date listed within the notification of rejection letter.
- The system will not prevent an applicant from resubmitting an application past the deadline. Therefore, if your rejected application is received after 5:00 p.m. of the due date listed within the notification of rejection letter, as required by 19 CSR 30.95.040 and 19 CSR 30-95.025 (4), it will be considered incomplete and must be denied.
- Any application with information missing upon the department’s secondary review, as required by 19 CSR 30.95.040 and 19 CSR 30-95.025 (4), will be considered incomplete and must be denied.
- In order to process applications within the deadline established under law while maintaining consistent unbiased review, the department will not be able to assist an applicant in correcting the rejected application beyond providing the reasons for rejection specified within the notification.
- Per rule, responses to evaluation criteria questions that are not properly redacted will not be scored. View the Redaction Matrix for assistance.
- For assistance with the Ownership Structure Form, refer to Sample Ownership Structure Form or Sample Ownership Written Description or Visual Representation.