Who are We?
The Patient Services Team serves as the front line of the Missouri Medical Marijuana Regulation Program, answering phone and email inquiries, as well as processing patient and caregiver applications. The Patient Services Team uses their expertise to assist applicants through the application process to create a streamlined, patient-centric customer experience for the qualified medical marijuana patients throughout the state of Missouri.
1-866-219-0165 | Tuesday – Thursday | 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. | MedicalMarijuanainfo@health.mo.gov
- NEW: Patient and Caregiver Cultivation
- Renewal Application Checklist
- Application Video Guides
Each video focuses on a specific topic in the application process to assist patients and caregivers with creating and managing their application, such as how to enter physician and conditions information or to find and correct a rejected application.
- How-To Download Patient/Caregiver ID Cards
- Missouri Marijuana Equivalency Units (MMEs) #203
- Medical Marijuana in Missouri Patient Information Booklet #205
*Physical copies of both MME cards (#203) and Patient Information Booklets (#205) can be ordered, from the department’s warehouse. Be aware there is a limit on the number of copies that may be ordered.
The Call Center will be closed until further notice. The Department continues to receive a high volume of patient and caregiver applications, and this closure allows us to continue to meet our 30 day processing deadline.Be aware that applicants, patients, caregivers, facility agents and physicians can always reach us via email at email@example.com , Monday through Friday. Thank you for your patience and support of the program during this high-volume time.
- New! Application Type Flow Chart to help patient, caregiver, and agent ID applicants determine when to submit a new, update, or renewal application.
- Common Renewal Rejection Reasons
Currently, the Department is seeing rejection trends and would like to remind applicants of requirements that are often missed, and that renewal applications will be rejected if the following requirements are not met:
- A new Physician Certification Form must be completed by a Missouri-licensed physician (Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy), who is active and in good standing in the state of Missouri within 30 days of the renewal application submission.
- Renewal applications must include updated physician and qualifying condition information on the Physician/Condition tab if the patient has seen a new physician and/or had a change in their qualifying condition.
- All documentation is required:
- A color digital photo of the applicant, taken within 3 months. This must not be a photo of the applicant’s driver’s license or passport.
- Proof of Missouri Residency
- Government Issued Photo ID
- Physician Certification Form
- Cultivation details must include location, security and access to the cultivation space.
- If a cultivation space is being shared, the licensed patients/caregivers sharing the space must be listed. If the person the applicant intends to share with is applying for cultivation or for a caregiver license, applicants need to type “applying for cultivation.” In the PAT/CAR# space.
- Application Processing Timelines, Notifications, Application Status
The department has 30 days to process patient applications. Applications are processed in the order they were received. If an application is incomplete, the department will reject the application and notify the applicant of all missing information required, and the applicant will then have 10 days from the date of notification to make the necessary corrections and resubmit their application. If the applicant does not submit changes within 10 days, or the required changes are not included in the resubmitted application, then it will be denied.
Applicants will receive email notifications when their application is submitted, rejected, approved, or denied. Note once an application is submitted, applicants will receive a confirmation email with an application reference code or application ID number, which means that the application has been fully submitted and is in queue for processing. If an application is not fully submitted, the application will show as “open” status in the application portal, which means that it has not been submitted.
- Current licensees will be sent notices 60, 45, 30 and 15 days prior to the license expiration date. These notices will be sent from the registry system to the email address in the application. The window for submitting a patient or caregiver renewal is 60 days prior to, and no less than 30 days before, the expiration date. The system will not prohibit the submission of a renewal after the 30 day window, however the department has 30 days from submission to process an application therefore we cannot guarantee a renewal that is received in this time frame will be processed prior to expiration. Please wait 24 hours following the receipt of a 60 day license renewal notification before submitting the renewal application in the registration system.
- Stay up to date with the Missouri Medical Marijuana Regulation Program through the Patient Services newsletter. Sign-up here.
- DHSS would like to remind the public that any physician certification they receive for medical marijuana must be no more than thirty days old at the time an individual applies for a patient identification card.
- Each qualifying patient may only have one cultivation license, either held by the qualifying patient or held by their designated primary caregiver. Only a parent or guardian who holds a primary caregiver identification card may obtain a cultivation license for a qualifying patient under the age of 18.