Who are We?
The Patient Services Team serves as the front line of the Missouri Medical Marijuana Program, answering phone and email inquiries, as well as processing patient and caregiver applications. The Patient Services Team uses their expertise to assist applicants through the application process to create a streamlined, patient-centric customer experience for the qualified medical marijuana patients throughout the state of Missouri.
1-866-219-0165 | Monday-Friday | 8:30am-3:30pm | MedicalMarijuanainfo@health.mo.gov
- How-To Download Patient/Caregiver ID Cards
- Missouri Marijuana Equivalency Units (MMEs) #203
- Medical Marijuana in Missouri Patient Information Booklet #205
*Physical copies of both MME cards (#203) and Patient Information Booklets (#205) can be ordered, from the department’s warehouse. Be aware there is a limit on the number of copies that may be ordered.
Only the department has the authority to approve applications and issue licenses to qualified patients through the official electronic registry portal. Any other business or entity charging fees and providing a document for what they claim to be an official license for the purchase or possession of marijuana do not have the authority to do so.
- Current licensees will be sent notices 60, 45, 30 and 15 days prior to the license expiration date. These notices will be sent from the registry system to the email address in the application. The window for submitting a patient or caregiver renewal is 60 days prior to, and no less than 30 days before, the expiration date. The system will not prohibit the submission of a renewal after the 30 day window, however the department has 30 days from submission to process an application therefore we cannot guarantee a renewal that is received in this time frame will be processed prior to expiration. Please wait 24 hours following the receipt of a 60 day license renewal notification before submitting the renewal application in the registration system.
- Renewal applications shall include any information that has changed, along with all required document attachments that must comply with the standards of the initial application. Please note that patient applicants must obtain a new physician certification form with the physician’s signature dated no more than 30 days prior to the renewal application submission date, and a new patient authorization form will be required for a caregiver renewal application. Application fees for patient and caregiver renewals can be found on the Fee Schedule. There is an additional fee applied if cultivation is added to the application.
- NEW Digital Card Barcodes: As of March 26, barcodes have been added to the back of patient and caregiver digital cards. Licensed patients and caregivers can at any time print an updated version of their digital card directly from the registration portal. The addition of barcodes will provide an extra layer of security and may be used at licensed dispensaries for entry and purchasing.
- Stay up to date with the Medical Marijuana Program through the Patient Services weekly newsletter. Sign-up here.
- Only a parent or guardian who holds a primary caregiver identification card may obtain a cultivation license for a qualifying patient under the age of 18 unless the qualifying patient under the age of 18 is emancipated.
- DHSS would like to remind the public that any physician certification they receive for medical marijuana must be no more than thirty days old at the time an individual applies for a patient identification card.
- Each qualifying patient may only have one cultivation license, either held by the qualifying patient or held by their designated primary caregiver.