Constitutional Amendment 2 - Medical Marijuana
DHSS would like to remind the public that any physician certifications they receive for medical marijuana must be no more than thirty days old at the time an individual applies for a patient identification card, and DHSS will not begin accepting patient identification card applications until July 4, 2019.
Pre-Filed License Fee Schedule
|Cultivation Facilities||$10,000 non-refundable application fee|
|Dispensary Facilities||$6,000 non-refundable application fee|
|Medical marijuana-infused manufacturing facilities||$6,000 non-refundable application fee|
The Department of Health and Senior Services is tasked with implementing the provisions of Amendment 2. This includes but is not limited to:
- Issuing registrations to qualified patients and their primary caregivers.
- Licensing and certification of medical marijuana cultivation facilities.
- Licensing and certification of medical marijuana dispensary facilities.
- Licensing and certification of medical marijuana-infused products manufacturing facilities.
- Licensing and certification of medical marijuana testing facilities.
The timeline for the provisions included in Amendment 2 begins on Dec. 6, 2018. Important dates to remember are as follows:
- Jan. 5, 2019 – Pre-filed application fees will begin to be accepted.
- June 4, 2019 – Application forms and instructions will be available.
- July 4, 2019 – Applications for identification cards will begin to be accepted.
- Aug. 3, 2019 – Facility applications will begin to be accepted.
|A total of 462 pre-filed application forms and fees totaling $3,328,000 have been received by DHSS (as of March 11, 2019).|
|Medical Marijuana-infused Manufacturing Facilities||71|
|Dispensary application fees/forms collected per congressional district (as of March 11, 2019).
Click here to view a congressional district map for Missouri.
These numbers are subject to change when the official facility application process begins in August.
Click on graphic to view larger
If you have questions about this program, check back frequently or send your comments to MedicalMarijuanaInfo@health.mo.gov.