Show Me Falls Free Missouri Coalition
Missouri has a voluntary group called the Show Me Falls Free Missouri Coalition, organized through the University of Missouri Extension office and comprised of organizations that want to prevent falls in Missouri. Contact email@example.com for more information about the upcoming meeting and other ways to be involved with the coalition.
- PowerPoint, Resources, and Recording from the meeting on Wednesday, November 8th, 2023, at 10 am. This was a panel discussion with Missouri EMS.
- PowerPoint and Recording from the meeting on Tuesday, August 29th, 2023, at 10 am. This meeting provided guidance on how to bring fall prevention awareness to your community.
- Recording, PowerPoint, and Physical Therapy Resource from the meeting on Tuesday, July 11th, 2023. This was a panel of physical therapists in Missouri.
- Recording and Resources from the meeting on Tuesday, April 4th, 2023. This was a panel of occupational therapists in Missouri.
- PowerPoint and Recording from the meeting on Tuesday, January 10th, 2023. This was a presentation on the connection between falls and traumatic brain injury.
- PowerPoint and Recording from the meeting on Tuesday, November 8th, 2022. The PowerPoint Template and PDFs that were shared during the meeting. This meeting focused on building local falls prevention coalitions.
- PowerPoint and Resources from the meeting on Thursday, September 22nd, 2022. This meeting focused on resources to share during Falls Prevention Awareness Month.
- PowerPoint from the meeting on Thursday, July 28th, 2022. This meeting focused on statewide data and falls prevention efforts in Missouri.
- In-Home Resources for Falls Prevention and Dementia Care
- National Council on Aging Falls Prevention Awareness Week Toolkit
- CDC’s Falls Prevention page
- CDC’s STEADI (Stopping Elderly Accidents, Deaths and Injuries) Took Kit for Health Care Providers
- Center of Excellence for Fall Prevention
- “Getting Up From a Fall” handout from the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- National Safety Council - Fall Safety: Take Steps to Remain Independent Longer
- Download Falls Prevention Brochures