Special Health Care Needs
- Adult Brain Injury Program
- Brain Injury Waiver (BIW)
- Children and Youth with SHCN Program
- Family Partnership
- Healthy Children and Youth Program
- Medically Fragile Adult Waiver Program
Individuals with special health care needs are those who have or are at increased risk for a disease, defect or medical condition that may hinder the achievement of normal physical growth and development and who also require health and related services of a type or amount beyond that required by individuals generally.
It is estimated that 18 million children in the United States have special health needs, and an estimated 5.3 million Americans are currently living with disabilities resulting from traumatic brain injury, which is a little more than 2% of the U.S. population.