Missouri Hospitals Construction and Renovation Projects
- At the initiation of the construction process contact the bureau at HSLCARP@health.mo.gov to receive a construction form and further instructions. NO drawings are needed at this time.
- Complete the Construction and Renovation Project Tracking form in its entirety and return it to HSLCARP@health.mo.gov. Once the form is received, a project number (H-####) will be assigned for tracking purposes. All future communications MUST include the assigned project number.
- Submit project plans to the Engineering Consultation Unit (ECU) for review and
approval. The plans must include:
- One (1) full sized set of drawings, signed and sealed.
- One (1) electronic drawing by CD, email, or thumb drive.
- Include (H-###) project number with the electronic drawings
Engineering Consultation Unit (ECU)
Department of Health and Senior Services
Section for Long Term Care
3418 Knipp Dr, Suite F
Jefferson City, MO 65109
- Contact the ECU to review the plans after they are delivered. Inspections by ECU may occur at 50% or 80% or project completion. The inspector will require a ladder on-site for above the ceiling inspections.
ONLY the primary hospital contact should e-mail HSLCARP@health.mo.gov to schedule the 100% inspections conducted by the Bureau of Hospital Standards (BHS).
Hospital Preparation for 100% Inspections:
- An onsite licensure inspection MUST be successfully completed before patient care or use of occupied space can occur.
- Contact BHS at least four (4) weeks prior to 100% completion to schedule the licensure inspection.
- Keep BHS informed of any timeline changes.
For questions related to construction and renovation projects with an assigned project number(s), contact: Phone: 573-751-6303 or HSLCARP@health.mo.gov.