Effective Oct. 24, 2017, an Abortion Facility is any place – including a physician’s office or clinic – in which an abortion is performed or induced other than a hospital. Missouri state law (Section 197.205, RSMo) requires all Abortion Facilities to be licensed by the Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS).
DHSS licenses Abortion Facilities and conducts annual, unannounced, on-site inspections and investigations regarding patient care provided in these facilities.
- List of Abortion Facilities in Missouri
- The Induced Termination of Pregnancy form is available here.
- The Complication Report For Post-Abortion Care form (580-0353) is available here.
- Informed consent checklists and booklets, and alternatives to abortion providers are available here.
- Copy of Missouri Abortion Facility Rules (updated 04/30/2018).