Summer Food Service Program
The Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) helps assure that eligible populations have access to nutritious meals during the summer months. When school is not in session, SFSP provides reimbursement to community agencies offering the required continuum of meals. Eligible participants include: children 0 through 18 years of age whose family incomes are less than or equal to 185 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines; and to income-eligible adults over 18 years of age who have been determined by a state educational agency to have a disability and who participate in a school-based program for the disabled during the school year. SFSP contracts with schools and other community-based organizations to sponsor the local programs and provide meals that meet established guidelines. By increasing the nutrient intake of program participants, SFSP reduces their risk for health problems and enhances their learning capacities. The program also improves the quality of the summer programs offered in areas of economic need.
The SFSP is administered by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services and funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- Applications & Forms
- Español ¿Por qué es importante el SFSP?
- Find a SFSP site near you
- Find a SFSP site using your Mobile Devices
- The mobile-friendly map for Missouri’s Summer Food Service Program is now available. The mobile-friendly map will make the task of finding nearby SFSP sites on your mobile device much more convenient. Whether the device is an iPad, iPhone, Android, BlackBerry or Windows phone or tablet, if the mobile device has access to the internet or mobile network, it will have access to this easy to use map. On your device you can access this map by going to https://ogi.oa.mo.gov/DHSS/summerFood_mobile/index.html
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Grant Opportunities
- Online Application Instructions
- Online Claiming Instructions
- SFSP Site List for Inspectors
- Sponsor Directory
- USDA Nondiscrimination Statement
- Web Log In Screen
To become a SFSP sponsor follow the instructions in the application packet under Forms.
On October 11, 2018 USDA issued Memo SFSP 01-2019 - https://fns-prod.azureedge.net/sites/default/files/sfsp/SFSP01-2019os.pdf
In response to this memo DHSS-CFNA is requesting that USDA approve the following state requested waivers:
- 1st Week Site Review Waiver – to allow sponsors to request that the state waive the 1st week site review for their sites
- Closed Enrolled Site Waiver – to allow sponsors to utilize area eligibility at these sites, if applicable
- Meal Time Restrictions Waiver – to allow sponsors to have meal time flexibility, but still require thirty minutes between meal services
- Offer vs Serve Waiver – to allow any sponsor to request the use of Offer vs Serve and to allow the sponsor to utilize the SFSP meal pattern for Offer vs. Serve
Information regarding the approval or denial of these waiver requests will be posted here and will be provided to all sponsors via email once USDA makes the determination.