January 13, 2015
Zenobia Company LLC. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Peanut Protein in "My Spice Sage Cumin Ground"
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services received information regarding a recall of MY Spice Sage Cumin Ground in 1 oz, 4 oz, 4.9 oz, 16 oz and 50 pound packages, because they may contain undeclared peanut protein. People who have allergies to peanuts run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
Product was distributed nationwide through online mail orders only. The recall only applies to below skus sold between 7/1/14 - 1/8/15. The product is sold in resealable plastic bags with the following markings except for the 50 lb bag which is not resealable and lacks UPC coding. The 4.9 oz size is in a plastic bottle:
- My Spice Sage CUMIN GROUND, 1 oz (28g) - UPC 00105001
- My Spice Sage CUMIN GROUND, 4 oz (113g) - UPC 00105004
- MY Spice Sage CUMIN GROUND, 4.9 oz (139g) - UPC 00105000
- MY Spice Sage CUMIN GROUND, 16 oz (454g) - UPC 00105016
- My Spice Sage CUMIN GROUND, 50 lb
The full recall can be found at: www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm429984.htm?source=govdelivery&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery.