State Public Health Laboratory
- Newborn Screening Fee Increase
- Summer 2023 Influenza Testing Guidance
- Newborn Screening Web Portal Announcement
- Submission of Positive SARS-CoV-2 Specimens for Variant Surveillance
- Submitting Mpox Specimens to the State Public Health Laboratory
- COVID-19 Specimen Collection Supplies Inventory
- If requesting COVID testing supplies, call 573-751-4830
- Online Payment Now Available
- DHSS Health Alerts, Advisories and Updates
(includes Zika alerts, advisories and updates)
State Public Health Laboratory Video
The Missouri State Public Health Laboratory is dedicated to promoting, protecting and partnering for health by delivering quality public health laboratory services.
About seven million tests (many required by law) are performed in the MSPHL and one branch laboratory located in Poplar Bluff. Approximately 300,000 mailing kits are assembled and distributed each year for the return of specimens from hospitals and private laboratories as well as city, county and district health offices. The MSPHL also functions as a reference lab for medical laboratories in the state and confirms results or completes organism identification.