Missouri Overdose Rescue and Education (MORE) Project
The primary goal of the Missouri Overdose Rescue and Education (MORE) project is to reduce opioid-involved deaths in Missouri through training, education, and distribution of naloxone to first responders in rural regions of the state. The State of Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) will lead the project partnering with Missouri Heroin Overdose Prevention and Education (MO-HOPE) project, Missouri Institute of Mental Health (MIMH), and the State of Missouri Department of Mental Health (DMH).
For more information regarding MORE please contact Karen Wallace, MORE Project Coordinator at (573) 751-6839 or Karen.Wallace@health.mo.gov.
Non-ambulance based first responder agencies are eligible to receive naloxone at no cost through the MORE project. To be eligible to receive naloxone first responder agencies must:
- Complete the no cost, required Overdose Education and Naloxone Distribution training for their department.
- Enter into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services
Request Training or Naloxone
- To request training or naloxone for first responders please click here. MORE Naloxone and Training Request Form
- For all other training or naloxone requests click here: MO-HOPE Naloxone and Training Request Form
To initiate the MOU process please send email to Karen.Wallace@health.mo.gov
Once the training sign in sheets and signed MOU has been received, your agency will receive notification of shipment and where to pickup the naloxone.
- Required Materials for MORE Trainers (Tier 2)
- Training Slide Deck
- Required resources for trainees: print and provide at each training
- Required Post-Training Document Submission
- Certificate of Completion (provided to each trainee who completes the training course)
- Optional Resources for MORE Trainers (Tier 2)
- Application to Format Your Organizations Training Program to Meet POST Requirements
- MORE Tier 2 Training Protocol
- POST Certification Info
- Training Advertisement Flyer
- Additional resources for trainees
- Other Resources
- Additional OEND Training Resources
- Naloxone Distribution
- Legislation and Advocacy
- Medical Treatment for OUD Brochure
- Missouri Good Samaritan Law
- Missouri Good Samaritan Law Brochure
- MORE Evaluation Brief
- Safer-Use Card
- Resources for EMS Training Entities