How to apply for a "Be An Organ Donor" License Plate
A donation to the Organ Donor Program Fund authorizes the use of the organ donor emblem. The donation is $25 for one-year and $50 for a two-year license plate to be paid at the local license office.
NOTE: The "Be An Organ Donor" license plate must be personalized. It is important and it is recommended that you provide up to six choices. You may visit the Department of Revenue's Division of Motor Vehicles web site to check availability of your plate configuration (choice). Specialty plates are not available for online order at this time. Also visit http://dor.mo.gov to verify your local license office. If you have questions call 1.573.526.3669. To ensure you retain the plate configuration of your choice, renew timely.
First Time Applicants
- Fill out and print Form 1716.
- Take the completed Form 1716 to your local license office or mail to the address on the form.
- Make a check payable to Organ Donor Program Fund for $25 or $50 dollar donation, the Specialty Plate Fee of $15 and other fees to the DOR and take or mail with the application.
- The Central DOR office will process the application and order the plate(s).
- The DOR will notify you by mail when the plate(s) is ready (approximately four to six weeks).
- Pick up your personalized specialty "Be An Organ Donor" plate(s) at your local license office.
- Go directly to your local license office before your plate(s) expire.
- Pay the $25 or $50 dollar donation to the Organ Donor Program Fund in addition to the Specialty Plate Fee of $15 and other renewal fees.
- The local license office will issue you new tabs for your personalized specialty organ donor plates.
Thank you for supporting organ and tissue donation and the registry.