Specimen Collection Supplies
The Missouri State Public Health Laboratory (MSPHL) is receiving specimen collection supplies from the Federal Emergency Management Agency to support the COVID-19 testing efforts across Missouri. Below is the inventory the MSPHL has available and can be ordered via the Specimen Collection Supplies Online Ordering System.
ATTENTION: When placing an order for swab and/or media, consider your facility’s needs. Specimen collection requires a swab (i.e Copan, Foam swab OR Puritan, Sterile Tipped, etc.) and media (i.e. Saline OR PrimeStore, etc.) for the transport of the swab to the appropriate lab. Unless you are going to use every item on the list of supplies, DO NOT order everything on the supplies list.
If you see an item with Swab/Media text in front of the item, that particular item will contain BOTH a swab and media for transport. You DO NOT need to order additional media to be used with that supply item.
- Copan Foam Swab single wrapped (Ref # 1C055S01)
- Miraclean, Oropharyngeal Swab, Ref #MSC-93050D
- Micraclean, MSC-96000 Nasopharyngeal flocked swabs, 82mm break point, For nasopharyngeal sample collection
- Puritan, PurFlock Ultra 6" Sterile Ultrafine Flock Swab w/Polystyrene Handle, 100mm Breakpoint (Ref #25-3317-U), For nasopharyngeal and urethral cell collection (Quantity: Each)
- NEST, Nasopharyngeal Specimen Collection Swab (Cat # 202004), Sterile, individually wrapped swab
- Puritan, Sterile Foam Tipped Applicators (Ref # 25-1506-1PF), For nasal and anterior nares specimen collection for diagnostic testing, Buccal and other cell collection for testing and screening
- Puritan, Sterile Polyester Tipped Applicators (Ref #25-806 1PD), For diagnostic specimen collection
- Swab US Cotton Polyester Tip (Not individually wrapped)
- Remel, VTM (Viral Transport Medium), M4RT Tube w/o Beads, 3 mL (Ref # R12591, R12699B, R12699M)
- PrimeStore MTM, Molecular Transport Medium for Nucleic Acid Testing, 1.5 mL vial – PrimeStore MTM contains guanidine thiocyanate (GITC) and will produce cyanide gas when mixed with bleach. See HHS guidance prior to ordering
- Saline Medium, 3 mL vial (Biopharma, Greiner-bio-one Ref# 456161, Remel Ref #R064439)