Specimen Collection Supplies
The Missouri State Public Health Laboratory (MSPHL) is receiving specimen collection supplies from the Federal Emergency Management Agency to support the COVID-19 testing efforts across Missouri. Below is the inventory the MSPHL has available and can be ordered via the Specimen Collection Supplies Online Ordering System.
ATTENTION: When placing an order for swab and/or media, consider your facility’s needs. Specimen collection requires a swab (i.e Copan, Foam swab OR Puritan, Sterile Tipped, etc.) and media (i.e. Saline OR PrimeStore, etc.) for the transport of the swab to the appropriate lab. Unless you are going to use every item on the list of supplies, DO NOT order everything on the supplies list.
If you see an item with Swab/Media text in front of the item, that particular item will contain BOTH a swab and media for transport. You DO NOT need to order additional media to be used with that supply item.
- Copan foam flocked dry swab, individually wrapped (Ref # 1C055S01)
- NEST sterile, nasopharyngeal specimen collection swab, individually wrapped (Ref # 202004)
- Miraclean oropharyngeal swab, individually wrapped (Ref # MSC-93050D)
- Miraclean nasopharyngeal flocked swab, 82mm break point, individually wrapped (Ref # MSC-96000)
- Puritan PurFlock ultra 6” sterile ultrafine flock swab w/ polystyrene handle, 100mm break point, for nasopharyngeal & urethral cell collection, individually wrapped (Ref # 25-3317-U)
- Puritan sterile foam tipped applicator, for nasal & anterior nares specimen collection for diagnostic testing, buccal & other cell collection for testing & screening, individually wrapped (Ref # 25-1506-1PF)
- Puritan sterile polyester tipped applicator, for diagnostic specimen collection, individually wrapped (Ref # 25-806 1PD)
- Swab US Cotton polyester tip, (NOT individually wrapped)
- Remel (Transport Medium – Viral), M4RT tube, 3 mL (Ref # R12591, R12699, R12699B, R12699M, R12699O)
- PrimeStore (Transport Medium – Molecular) 1.5 mL vial for Nucleic acid testing. Contains guanidine thiocyanate (GITC) & will produce cyanide gas when mixed with bleach. See HSS guidance prior to ordering.