Missouri Breastfeeding Friendly Child Care Application
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) and the Missouri Breastfeeding Coalition would like to recognize child care providers in Missouri that provide support to their breastfeeding families and employees through the Breastfeeding Friendly Child Care Award. To receive the award, child care providers must meet the criteria below that aim to improve the support for breastfeeding women in the workforce. Successful applicants will receive a certificate, window cling and recognition on the DHSS website.
Requirements for a Breastfeeding Friendly Child Care Facility
- Has a written breastfeeding policy that complies with the Federal Labor Standards Act (FLSA). View a fact sheet on the FLSA.
- Provides a welcoming environment for breastfeeding families
- Offers breastfeeding resources to parents
- Feeds infants on demand and communicates with moms about feeding preferences
- Trains staff to support breastfeeding parents
- Completed application to be recognized as a Breastfeeding Friendly Worksite.
Where can I find more information on breastfeeding?
- The Missouri WIC Program promotes, supports, and protects breastfeeding as the perfect food for babies, having all the essential nutrients and sufficient calories to meet infants' needs.
- Missouri Breastfeeding Coalition.
For questions, contact:
Bureau of Community Health and Wellness
Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services
Breastfeeding Friendly Child Care Instructions
Breastfeeding Friendly Child Care Application