Announcements and Conferences
- AAP News - Academy offers guidance on new lice treatments, opposes school bans on infested children
- Medical Facilities in Missouri
- ParentLink WarmLine
Missouri Kids Count
Last week, Missouri Kids Count (MKC) launched the new Missouri KIDS COUNT website in conjunction with a new tool for data and reports, Missouri KIDS COUNT Data, from the Office of Social & Economic Data Analysis (OSEDA) - University of Missouri. We hope that you will utilize these two web sites often and please share these new resources with partners and colleagues. With your help, it is hoped a continuous network will develop and expand to share MO KIDS COUNT data, information and resources.
Trained Diabetes Personnel in Missouri Schools (Cade’s Law) - Webinar
This webinar is designed as a resource for school nurses throughout the state. The purpose of this webinar is to provide school nurses in Missouri with a framework for training staff as Trained Diabetes Personnel (TDP). House Bill 675, passed and signed into law in 2013, provides an opportunity for Missouri public schools to train staff to assist in the care of students with diabetes while at school. Although this is optional for schools and districts, the intent is to help support student learning by ensuring safe and effective diabetes management for students at school
- 2020 Health Office Orientation
Registration is now open for the annual 2020 Health Office Orientation. The purpose of this program is to provide orientation for nurses without prior work experiencein schools and an overview of school nursing practice. Due to the unusual circumstances presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, this year the program will be offered as a virtual training and orientation package. Learning modules will be posted and the link to accessing the required modules will be shared upon registration. See the attachment for registration details.
- The DHSS Bureau of Immunizations in partnership with the University of Missouri Nursing Outreach is sponsoring the Spring 2020 Immunizations webinars, a series informational trainings for nurses and physicians. See the flyer for more information about the programs and registration.
- Eating Disorders Online Training Webinar