J-1 Visa Waiver Program
The annual application period for Missouri's J-1 Conrad 30 program runs from October 1 to October 31.
- J-1 Visa Waiver Electronic Application Submission form
- Access 19 CSR 10-4.020 J-1 Visa Waiver Program to review the waiver application submission and selection process.
- Prior to submitting the application, utilize the J-1 Visa Waiver Checklist with Guidance to ensure that all required documents are provided.
J-1 Visa Waiver Program (Conrad 30 Waiver Program)
The Conrad 30 State J-1 Visa Waiver Program was established to improve accessibility to health care for underserved areas by providing support of J-1 visa waiver requests on behalf of foreign medical graduates who have obtained a J-1 visa for graduate medical studies in the United States. Under the Conrad Visa Waiver Program, each state is allotted a maximum of 30 J-1 visa waivers each fiscal year.
- The J-1 Visa Waiver Program recommends waivers for primary care physicians (family medicine, general pediatrics, general obstetrics/gynecology, and general internal medicine) and specialists in federally designated Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSA), Medically Underserved Areas (MUA), or Medically Underserved Populations (MUP), with priority given to primary care physicians.
- The J-1 Visa waiver waives the two-year home residency requirement allowing a foreign medical graduate to attend an advanced training program in the United States and waives the requirement for graduates to return to their native country.
- The J-1 Visa waiver is granted in exchange for an obligation to practice in a federally designated Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA)/Medically Underserved Area (MUA).
- Visit https://data.hrsa.gov/ for information about specific locations designated as HPSAs.
- States are allotted 30 recommendations during each federal fiscal year (214(l) of the Immigration Nationality Act).
- Visit the U.S. Department of State to use your case number to check the status of your J-1 Visa Waiver application.
- Visit the U.S. Department of State to access J-1 Visa Basics.
- Information for J-1 Visa Participants.
- Common Questions for Participants.
- Complete a J Visa Waiver Online Application.
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Conrad 30 Waiver Program webpage.