Missouri Injury and Violence Prevention Advisory Committee
The mission of the Missouri Injury and Violence Prevention Advisory Committee (MIVPAC) is to reduce the morbidity and mortality of Missourians to injuries and violence in Missouri.
MIVPAC assists the State’s Injury and Violence Prevention Program with:
- Coordinating injury and violence prevention interventions within the Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS).
- Increasing coordination and collaboration with agencies addressing efforts to reduce intentional, unintentional injuries, and violence.
- Improving and maintaining injury data collection and dissemination to focus prevention efforts.
- Implementing injury prevention programs that are based upon current evidence found in research and injury prevention literature.
- Strengthening state and local legislation and policies that lead to the prevention injuries.
The 2017-2020 Missouri Injury and Violence Prevention strategic plan was developed in 2017 by the MIVPAC in conjunction with the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services.