CHW Train the Trainer Course
- Train the Trainer Syllabus
- Train the Trainer Workbook
- Module 1: Introduction, Lesson Plans, Teaching Skills
- Module 2: Adult Learning, Popular Education
- Module 3: Roles and Boundaries
- Module 4: Communication, Facilitation and Mediation
- Module 5: Cultural Competency and Humility
Preparing for the Unknown: A Community Health Worker’s Guide to Pandemic Preparedness
As a result of this training, you will be able to define and understand pandemics, describe the role of Community Health Workers during the pandemic response, and develop a Pandemic Preparedness plan.
- Part 1: Define and Understand Pandemics (12 minutes)
- Part 2: Describe the roles that Community Health Workers play during a pandemic response. (10 minutes)
- Part 3: Develop a Pandemic Preparedness plan (20 minutes)
Understanding Diabetes: A Training for Community Health Worker
As a result of this training, you will be able to define types, symptoms and complications of diabetes; identify risk factors for diabetes; explain how a Community Health Worker (CHW) can support the prevention or delay of Type 2 diabetes in clients; explain how a CHW can assist clients in self-management of diabetes; and understand how COVID_19 can affect clients with diabetes and other chronic diseases.
- Part 1: What is diabetes? (13 minutes)
- Part 2: What are the risk factors of diabetes? (19 minutes)
- Part 3: How is diabetes managed? (8 minutes)
Understanding Hypertension: Training for Community Health Workers
As a result of this training, you will be able to define hypertension, along with the associated risk factors, signs and symptoms; explain what blood pressure readings mean; understand how hypertension is diagnosed, treated, and the importance of compliance with treatment; describe the role of CHWs in the prevention and treatment of hypertension; and recognize how COVID-19 impacts those with hypertension.
- Part 1: Define hypertension and explain blood pressure readings. (15 minutes)
- Part 2: Understand how hypertension is diagnosed, and treated and the importance of compliance with treatment. (15 minutes)
- Part 3: Describe the role of Community Health Workers in the prevention and treatment of hypertension, and recognize how COVID-19 impacts those with hypertension. (10 minutes)
The Prevention of Domestic and Sexual Violence: A Healthcare Approach
This course will help Community Healthcare Workers design a comprehensive strategy for preventing violence in their own communities. Participants will learn the history of oppression and social norms that contribute to violence; the public health approach; and the social-ecological model for violence prevention. Innovative partnerships like this will make health care more accessible to survivors when they need it most.