National Employee Health & Fitness Day
Put on your walking shoes and join your friends and colleagues for a walk on Wednesday, May 15, 2019, as DHSS celebrates National Employee Health and Fitness Day (NEHFD) from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.!
All state employees are encouraged to come out on May 15 and “Find Your Balance”. A healthy lifestyle is more important than ever as more of our health care dollars are being spent on diseases that are largely a result of inactive and stressful lifestyles, and unhealthy eating habits.
For all state employees, the Worksite Wellness Committee encourages you to take a walk, be active, get some fresh air and reduce your stress levels. Plus you will be eligible to win prizes! The registration forms for the Greenway and the State Health Lab in Jefferson City and the out-state registration form for employees outside the Jefferson City area are listed below.
If there is no registration table at your location, mail your registration to Susan Demsko, 920 Wildwood, P.O. Box 570, Jefferson City, MO 65102-0570 by May 28, 2019 to be entered in a random drawing.
Prize winners will be notified by e-mail by June 10, 2019.
Remember these important health tips when participating in the NEHFD event:
- Dress in light-colored clothing
- Drink plenty of water
- Wear good walking shoes
- Stretch before exercising
- Use sunscreen
- Don’t forget your sunglasses
- Wear a hat
Select one of the following fliers for a walking map and registration form:
In Jefferson City:
- Route 1 — Greenway at Edgewood and Wildwood: Registration Form and Map
- Route 2 — 1730 E. Elm (DNR/DMH Building): Registration Form and Map
- Route 3 — 1101 Riverside Drive (DNR Lewis & Clark Building): Registration Form and Map
- Route 4 — Missouri State Public Lab: Registration Form and Map
- Downtown — 3 Routes
Downtown Registration Form
- Fitness Mile
- Downtown West (W. High St & Broadway)
- Downtown East (MODOT Jefferson Building)