PreExposure Prophylaxis (PrEP)
- PrEP Provider Directory
- Information on Paying for PrEP
- Seeking PrEP? Check out - Pathways to Get PrEP
Do You Have The Facts On PrEP? What is it?
“PrEP” stands for Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis. The word “prophylaxis” means to prevent or control the spread of an infection or disease. The goal of PrEP is to prevent an HIV-negative person from acquiring HIV from an HIV-positive partner. This is done by taking medication every day. When taken every day, PrEP has been found to reduce the likelihood of HIV infection by up to 92%. This effectiveness increases when combined with condoms which are also necessary for the prevention of other sexually transmitted diseases. See more resources of information below.
Resources for Consumers
- Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) Basics for Consumers and Providers
- CDC PrEP Basics
- Prep 101 Infographic
- PrEP-an HIV Prevention Option Video
- What is TRUVADA for PrEP?
- Greater Than AIDS - Let’s Talk About PrEP
- Getting Yourself Prepared for PrEP Infographic
- PrEP Medication Adherence (CDC brochure)
Information on Paying for PrEP
- Paying for PrEP (CDC brochure)
- Gilead Patient Assistance Information
- Patient Advocate (PAF) Foundation
Resources for Providers
Clinical Consultation Center - PrEPline provides expert guidance on considerations of providing PrEP to HIV-uninfected (HIV negative) persons as part of an HIV prevention program
(855) 448-7737 or (855) HIV-PrEP
Monday - Friday, 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. EST
Local St. Louis Hotline
Call 800-252-DOCS (3627) 24 hours a day, seven days a week to reach this centralized resource.
The Doctors' Access Line - a toll-free number reserved exclusively for physicians who want to contact a Washington University School of Medicine specialist at Barnes-Jewish Hospital, a national healthcare leader.
Missouri PrEP Implementation Toolkit
Check out this program created by Washington University in St. Louis
Información básica sobre la profilaxis de prexposición (PrEP) en español
- Información básica sobre la profilaxis de prexposición (PrEP) -- English version
- ¿Qué es PrEP? vídeo -- English video
- Somos > Sidas -- English Version
- Cómo Prepararse Para La PrEP -- English (Getting yourself prepared PrEP Infographic)
- Mujeres, PrEP y salud sexual vídeo -- English (Women, PrEP & Sexual Health, English video in same link)
- Introducción a PrEP -- (English version)
*HIV stands for Human Immunodeficiency Virus