2 Minute Drill for Vector-Borne Diseases
Protecting yourself from the bites of ticks and mosquitoes is simple. Invest a couple of minutes in these quick and easy steps to help make sure that you and your family are protected from diseases that these insects can spread!
2 Minute Drill for Ticks
- Choose long sleeves and long pants when spending time outdoors, weather permitting.
- Wear light colored clothing to help you spot ticks faster!
- Apply insect repellent to any exposed skin.
- Look for products that contain at least 20% DEET, picaridin, or IR3535 to keep ticks away.
- Read label directions carefully!
- Check your clothing and skin for ticks frequently, even while you are outside.
- After returning inside, shower as soon as possible and check all parts of the body carefully.
- Remove attached ticks as soon as possible!
For more information about ticks, visit the tick-borne disease page.