School Health Team
State School Nurse Consultant
To support school districts in their efforts to provide all students with a healthy and safe learning environment, the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services supports a State School Nurse Consultant within the Division of Community and Public Health. The State School Nurse Consultant provides guidance regarding school health services to school districts upon their request.Additionally, the State School Nurse Consultant works with school nurses from across the state to:
- Collect and disseminate data regarding school health services in MO;
- Formulate school screening guidelines;
- Develop and update guidelines for school health services;
- Plan and offer educational opportunities for school nurses; and
- Facilitate collaborations with agencies and organizations related to school health.