How to Use These Cards
- You can use these conversation starters at the dinner table, on a road trip, during youth activities or anywhere you find the opportunity to connect.
- When using these cards to connect, remember that there is no right or wrong answer to these questions.
- Youth may bring up thoughts or ideas that differ from your own. Challenge yourself to keep an open mind when having these discussions with young people.
- View card instructions -- En Español
A Few Tips to Remember
- Don't expect to have all of the answers, it is ok not to know. Figure it out together!
- Inspire conversation by opening up about your own experiences.
- The more you are willing to share, the more they will be willing to share with you.
- If you share parts of your life they were not there for, they will share parts of their life that you're not a part of.
- Listen and support your teen.
Taken from the Talk now Talk often Alaska campaign