Extended Women's Health Services cover family planning-related services, pregnancy testing, sexually transmitted disease testing and treatment, including pap tests and pelvic exams, and follow-up services. They are covered by MO HealthNet for uninsured women who are 18-55 years of age with a Modified Adjusted Gross Income for the household size that does not exceed 201% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL). The Medicaid Eligibility (ME) Code is "80/89".

Funding for the Extended Women's Health Services program has transferred from the Department of Social Services to the Department Health and Senior Services (DHSS), per HB 10 of the 2017 Regular Session of the General Assembly. Specifically, Section 10.714 states, "none of the funds appropriated herein may be expended to directly or indirectly subsidize abortion services as defined in Section 170.015, RSMo. or procedures or administrative functions and none of the funds appropriated herein may be paid or granted to an organization that provides abortion services. An otherwise qualified organization shall not be disqualified from receipt of these funds because of its affiliation with an organization that provides abortion services, provided that the affiliated organization that provides abortion services is independent of the qualified organization. An independent affiliate that provides abortion services must be separately incorporated from any organization that receives these funds."

Providers equipped to provide abortion services (hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers equipped to provide abortion services, and clinics) will receive letters regarding this restriction and will be required to submit an attestation in order to receive Extended Women's Health Services "80/89" funding. This restriction does not affect any other MO HealthNet billing.

The attestations will continue to be sent to Missouri Medicaid Audit and Compliance (MMAC) so they may update the provider file and provide the MO HealthNet Division with current provider enrollment information.

If you are currently enrolled in the Extended Womens Health Program and are trying to locate a provider, visit the Department of Social Services webpage.

To apply for the Extended Women’s Health Program, visit the Department of Social Services website. You will need to complete the application and submit to determine eligibility for the program.