Missouri Hemp Extract Registration Program
- Missouri Hemp Extract Registration Card Information
- How to Apply or Renew
- Missouri Hemp Extract Registration Card Statistics
- Contact Us
Pursuant to Section 192.945, RSMo, and 19 CSR 20-51.010, the Missouri Hemp Extract Registration Program provides Missouri residents with intractable epilepsy a registration card that allows them to legally possess and use hemp extract in Missouri to treat intractable epilepsy. Per section 195.207 hemp extract is defined as an extract from a cannabis plant or a mixture or preparation containing plant material that is composed of no more than three-tenths percent tetrahydrocannabinol by weight; is composed of at least five percent cannabidiol by weight; and contains no other psychoactive substance.
Missouri Hemp Extract Registration Card Information
- The Missouri Hemp Extract Registration Card allows the registrant to purchase hemp extract from one of the two facilities licensed in this state by the Missouri Department of Agriculture. For more information on these facilities, contact MDA at 573-522-0351 or visit their website at https://agriculture.mo.gov/plants/industrial-hemp/.
- is valid for one year only (must re-apply for continued registration);
- is needed to obtain the hemp extract from a cultivation and production facility licensed in Missouri. There are currently two facilities in Missouri licensed by the Missouri Department of Agriculture producing hemp extract.
- indicates if a Missouri physician has signed a waiver, the waiver allows for the legal possession of more than 20 ounces of hemp extract; and
- currently there is no charge for the Missouri Hemp Extract Registration Card.
A registrant of the Missouri Hemp Extract Registration Card is an individual who:
- is 18 years of age of older, or the parent or legal guardian of a minor who is responsible for the minor’s care;
- a Missouri resident; and
- has a diagnosis of intractable epilepsy and can provide a statement signed by a neurologist licensed in Missouri (Completion of a Missouri Hemp Extract Registration Card Neurologist Certification form) indicating that the individual who suffers from intractable epilepsy may benefit from treatment with hemp extract.
How to Apply for or Renew a Missouri Hemp Extract Registration Card
- To apply for or renew a Missouri Hemp Extract Registration Card you must submit the following items by mail to the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, P.O. Box 570, Jefferson City, MO 65102-0570
- A completed Missouri Hemp Registration Card Application form
- Form must be signed by applicant (no photocopy)
- A completed Missouri Hemp Extract Registration Neurologist Certification form
- Form must be signed by neurologist licensed in Missouri and board certified in neurology (no photocopy)
- Copy of the applicant’s valid Missouri photo identification
- Copy of a record of the neurologist’s evaluation and observation relating to the individual’s treatment for intractable epilepsy
- A completed Missouri Hemp Extract Registration Card Certification for Waiver form (A waiver allows for the possession of more than 20 ounces of hemp extract)
- Form must be signed by a physician licensed in Missouri (no photocopy)
Note: Forms must be mailed, as original signature is required on all forms. Emailed and faxed forms will not be accepted. Follow all directions on forms in order to submit a completed application.
Missouri Hemp Extract Registration Card Statistics
- Calendar Year 2014
- Calendar Year 2015
- Calendar Year 2016
- Calendar Year 2017
- Calendar Year 2018
- Calendar Year 2019
2020 Year-to-date (Last updated: Sept. 2, 2020)
- Total cards issued since program began in 2014: 450 Cards
- 18 Active Cards
- 4 Cards issued for adults
- 14 Cards issued for 11 minors
- The Missouri Hemp Extract Registration Program is managed by the Planning Manager in the Division of Community and Public Health Director’s Office. For additional information regarding this program, call 573-522-8329.
- For information regarding hemp extract cultivation and production facility licensure, contact the Missouri Department of Agriculture at 573-522-0351 or visit their website at https://agriculture.mo.gov/plants/industrial-hemp/.