Home and Community Based Services are available for adults ages 18 years of age and over who have Medicaid or are potentially Medicaid eligible and in need of assistance in the home. Home and Community Based Services are provided through the Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS).
Services available in the community include:
- Personal care including bathing, dressing, and grooming;
- Housekeeping, meal preparation, and shopping;
- Nursing services such as medication set-ups, blood draws, or diabetic nail care;
- Respite services to relieve a family member or caregiver;
- Meals provided by the Area Agencies on Aging; and
- Adult day care programs
How do I make a referral?
The Division of Senior and Disability Services (DSDS) is responsible for the eligibility determination for and authorization of Home and Community Based Services. Referrals for Home and Community Based Services can be called in by phone at 1-866-835-3505.
Policies and Procedures
DSDS’s operations are guided by policies and procedures outlined in the Home and Community Based Services manual.