Caregivers in Missouri
2017 - The Year of the Caregiver in Missouri
Do you know someone who puts his/her life on hold to care for a family member or friend? If so, the Department of Health and Senior Services invites you to nominate that person for Caregiver of the Year.
The department will feature a story and photo of an unpaid caregiver each month. By December, an overall Caregiver of the Year will be selected. Click here for the nomination form and the photo release form. Send both forms, along with a digital photo of the caregiver, to Becca.Coffelt@health.mo.gov.
Caregiver of the Month
For 25 years, Mike Crew has been a caregiver for his older sister, Anniece, 80.
"She had my back when we were growing up," says Mike, 67, "and now it’s my turn. We came from a dysfunctional family, and she protected me from my father, who was an alcoholic."
Read more about the Caregiver of the Month for April.
April is Stress Awareness Month!
One in three caregivers rate their stress level as high, and half say they have less time to spend with family and friends. - AARP Click here to learn 10 ways to manage caregiver stress
Caregiver Workshop: Caring from a Distance - Thursday, April 20th, 12:00 Noon – 1:00 p.m. Birch Conference Room, 930 Wildwood, Jefferson City. Click here to view online.
- 6 Signs of Caregiver Burnout
- 10 Ways to Manage Caregiver Stress
- Abuse, Neglect, and Exploitation of the Elderly and Disabled
- Aiding Older Caregivers of Persons with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Alzheimer’s Association
- Caregivers of Younger Adults 2015 Report
- Caregiving Tips for Families of People With Disabilities
- Elder Care Locator
- Family Caregiver Alliance
- Home & Community Based Services
- Missouri Association of Area Agencies on Aging
- Mo HealthNet (Medicaid) Application
- National Alliance for Caregiving
- National Institute on Aging (NIA) - Sign Up to be on the NIA for
Caregivers List and Receive Helpful Information and Tips
- United Way 2-1-1
- VA Caregiver Support