Some sobering statistics about substance use in adolescents:
- By 12th grade, about two-thirds of students have tried alcohol.
- About half of 9th through 12th grade students reported ever having used marijuana.
- If you believe a student is in crisis due to substance use, they can get help via the 988 Crisis Lifeline
- Resources for adolescents struggling with substance use
- For resources to help adolescents and youth quit tobacco use
Fentanyl Information and Resources
- E-Cigarette Education and Information (CDC)
- Know the Risks: A Youth Guide to E-Cigarettes presentation (CDC)
- Methamphetamines and Children: What Parents Need to Know
- Missouri Highway Patrol - Meth Lab Statistics
- National Institute on Drug Abuse - Alcohol
- National Institute on Drug Abuse – How does marijuana use affect school, work, and social life?
- Opioid and Prescription Drug Prevention Education
- Prenatal Substance Use Prevention
- Tobacco Use Prevention and Control Resources (MO DHSS)