Data & Statistical Reports
Data collection for Missouri PRAMS began in 2007 and is ongoing. The Missouri Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS) a comprehensive assessment of attitudes and experiences before, during and shortly after pregnancy among Missouri women.
PRAMS Fact Sheets
- 2020 Tobacco Use Before, During, and After Pregnancy
- Maternal Tobacco Use in Missouri
- Awareness of Zika Virus in Missouri
- Infographic: Smoking Before, During and After Pregnancy
- Safe Infant Sleep Patterns
- Gestational Diabetes During Pregnancy
- Intimate Partner Violence Before and During Pregnancy
- Breastfeeding Initiation and Continuation
- Postpartum Depression
- Flu Vaccination Among Pregnant Women
- 2016 Data Report
- 2015 Data Report
- 2015 Data Report
- 2014 Data Report
- 2007 - 2009 Data Report
- 2009 - 2011 Data Report
For more recent data, visit the PRAMS dashboard.
- Norton PJ, Mosley M, McBride DG, Garikapaty VP. Factors in accessing routine health care: mental health and postpartum mothers. Missouri Medicine 2019; 116(4): 325-30.
- Kramer BA, Kintzel J, Garikapaty V. Association between contraceptive use and gestational diabetes: Missouri Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System, 2007-2008. Prev Chronic Dis 2014; 11:140059.
- Weiser TM, Lin M, Garikapaty V, Feyerharm RW, Bensyl DM, Zhu BP. Association of maternal smoking status with breastfeeding practices: Missouri, 2005. Pediatrics 2009; 124(6):1603-10.
- Garikapaty VP, Feyerharm R, Zhu B. Folic acid consumption among Missouri women in the periconceptional period. Mo Med 2008;105(6):504-9.
Selected Oral/Poster Presentations
- Giles L, Brooks A 2022 Reproductive coercion and postpartum depression association: Findings from Missouri PRAMS (2012-2020) Poster presented at the CityMatch Maternal and Child Health Leadership Conference, Chicago, September 2022.
- McBride DG, Garikapaty V 2015 Multivariate associations among life-course indicators: what more can we learn? Poster presented at the CDC Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS) Annual Meeting, Atlanta, Georgia, October, 2015.
- Mosley M, McBride DG, Garikapaty V 2015 Factors affecting smoking cessation during pregnancy. Paper presented at the CDC Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS) Annual Meeting, Atlanta, Georgia, October, 2015.
- McBride DG, Mosley M 2015 The Missouri Child Health Assessment Program Survey (MoCHAPS). Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Office of Epidemiology, Epi Grand Rounds. Webcast, September, 2015.
- Garikapaty V. Missouri PRAMS, 2007-2011: A Summary. Presented to the March of Dimes Statewide Perinatal Conference, Columbia, Missouri, Nov 2014.
- Garikapaty V. Racial disparities in perinatal health outcomes: Epidemiology and beyond. Presented to the Missouri Bootheel Regional Consortium, Low Birth Weight Conference, Miner, Missouri, Apr, 2014.
- Garikapaty V. Preterm births and infant mortality in Missouri. Keynote address, to the March of Dimes Prematurity Summit, Columbia, Missouri, Nov, 2013.