RCAL License Renewal
Current renewal cycle:
- Current license renewal cycle fall between April 1st and June 30th of the year.
- The license renewal application is available above. You will need to send the application along with the $100 renewal fee for a two-year renewal.
- Continuing education requirements were provided in the cover letter that came with your license at the time it was issued and/or renewed. Half of the required clock hours can be earned by taking distance learning programs offered by a Missouri board-approved training agency. Please note: there are no carry over hours to the next renewal period. Do not send copies of your certificates of attendance with the renewal application; however, you must provide copies of your certificates if your record is selected during the random audit.
- The Board of Nursing Home Administrators accepts Missouri and out-of-state face-to-face continuing education programs approved by NAB/NCERS or another state licensing board.
- Distance learning programs (on-line, self-study, webinar, etc.) must be offered by a Missouri board-approved training agency. Distance learning programs approved by NAB/NCERS or another state licensing board are not approved as continuing education programs in Missouri. Information on Board-approved continuing education programs and providers can be found under Continuing Education.
- The expiration date of administrator licenses is June 30 of the current renewal year; however, licensees are encouraged to submit their renewals by May 30 in order to allow sufficient processing time.
- A licensed administrator is not authorized to practice after June 30 unless the license has been renewed.
Late renewal cycle:
If you fail to renew by June 30th of your current renewal cycle, you cannot practice as a licensed administrator after that date.
You can renew the license providing it is done within 12 months of the expiration date. If your renewal application is postmarked after June 30th of the current renewal cycle, the application must include:
- $25 late penalty fee in addition to the $100 renewal fee, and;
- A statement indication your employment status from July 1st , the date after expiration, through the filing of the application for late renewal and the reason(s) as to why the license was not renewed prior to the expiration date of June 30th.
Once the renewal application has been received and processed, a new license will be issued. If you do not receive your new license or if you have any questions or concerns regarding the process, please contact our office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beyond late renewal cycle:
If your license expired more than 12 months, you will need to follow requirements outlined for new applicants. Please refer to Administrator License tab in the right column for instructions on how to apply for a license.