Note - to ensure your application will be presented at a board meeting, it is suggested to mail it approximately 6 weeks prior to the board meeting date. This will ensure timely review and processing. Please refer to the application instructions for further information.
RCAL Qualifications - pursuant to state regulation 19 CSR 73-2.022
- A licensed RCAL oversees a licensed residential care facility or assisted living facility.
- Age - 21 years
- Good moral character
- High school or equivalent
- Has not been convicted of a crime
Experience and/or education from an accredited educational institution in one of the following areas:
- Experience: A minimum of two (2) years of health care of aging-related experience* including management responsibility and supervision of two (2) staff persons; OR
- Associate degree and one (1) year in health care or aging-related experience* including six (6) months of management responsibilities and supervision of at least two (2) staff persons; OR
- Baccalaureate degree or beyond and six (6) months in health care or aging-related experience* including management responsibilities and supervision of at least two (2) staff persons
*Health care or aging-related experience shall mean full-time equivalency experience in a licensed home health agency, licensed hospice agency, licensed acute care or long-term care facility, licensed adult day care program, or licensed mental health facility.