December 5, 2013
You’re invited to participate in the Fundraising & Development for Health Centers & Safety Net Clinics webinar on Thursday, December 12, 2013 at 2:00 p.m. EST. This webinar is co-sponsored with the National Network for Oral Health Access (NNOHA).
November 12, 2013
Practice Facilitation Handbook: A Resource for New Facilitators and Their Trainers Webinar
Friday, November 15, 2013
11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. EST
Practice facilitators are specially trained to work with primary care practices to improve the quality of care, patient experiences with care, and patient outcomes. Practice facilitation programs are burgeoning, and with that growth come the need to train facilitators in the skills and content they need to succeed.
ICD-10 Update: One health system’s experience
With one year before the deadline to achieve ICD-10 compliance, hospitals and health systems across the U.S. are busy with efforts to achieve compliance. Today’s webinar will look at the processes in place for one complex health system as they share those Lessons Learned to date and the challenges that the transition to ICD-10 will present.
Noon – 1:00 p.m. Central
Date: Tuesday, September 24, 2013
Assessing the Productivity and Financial Impact of ICD-10: The Final 12 Months
This webinar helps you assess the productivity and financial impact ICD-10 will have on your health care organization. Discover how to get your entire staff, as well as physicians, to adopt better documentation and a well-defined payer process to handle denials related to ICD-10.
2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Central
Cost: HFMA members: Free; Non-members: $99
Date: Tuesday, October 15, 2013
Webinars and Technical Assistance
- The National Network for Oral Health Access and the National Organization of State Office of Rural Health will be sponsoring a webinar on August 29th from 2:00 – 3:00pm EST focusing on adding and expanding oral health programs in safety net setting with an emphasis on rural areas. Click here to register for this webinar.
- Reminder that HRSA will be hosting a Health Information Technology and Quality Webinar on Friday, August 23, 2013 from 2pm – 3pm EST focusing on how safety net providers can prepare for the ICD-10 transition. Participants can register here.
Other Useful Information and Resources
- Do you have a BIG idea for solving major problems in health and health care? The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation will be holding its first-ever Pioneer Pitch Day on October 16 in New York City. This is an opportunity to be original, unconventional and radical by proposing a new idea that challenges traditional thought and practice – and idea that has the potential to transform health or health care. Submit your idea by September 6th to be considered for pitch day.
August 15th, 2013 – 1:00 PM – 2:10 PM ET
The VA is caring for 4 million older Veterans, 40% of who live in rural and highly rural areas, with 75% of those over age 65. As a group, these older Veterans are more likely to have multiple chronic illnesses that require medical care and support from caregivers. For older Veterans in rural areas, finding help with caregiving needs can be a difficult challenge. Many of these Veterans receive the bulk of their daily care from spouses, children, other family members, or friends. Little help has traditionally been provided for these caregivers. Recent VA initiatives to better support caregivers have prompted the development of new tools, programs, and opportunities.
Monday, August 12, 2013
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM CDT
Join Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Wayne Guerra, MBA, as he speaks about the challenges rural hospitals face today. He will be discussing trends in the healthcare industry and showing how simple technology can save cost, increase revenue and educate communities on how to manage their health.
With more than 20 years of experience practicing in academic, tertiary care and community emergency departments ranging from 12,000 to 120,000 annual visits, Dr. Guerra has a rich passion for the challenges rural providers face.
During this 45-minute, complimentary webinar, you will learn:
- How to improve communication between you and your patients
- How to bring healthcare literacy to your community
- Ways to make your hospital a resource for your community
- Ways to educate your patients on how to better manage their healthcare
- Why rural hospitals need to embrace technology
Integrating Genetics in Your Practice 2013 Webinar Series
The Genetics in Primary Care Institute is pleased to announce the 2013 Webinar Series, Integrating Genetics in Your Practice: What every primary care provider needs to know! This 6-part series will focus on providing primary care providers with the knowledge and resources to better provide genetic medicine as part of a medical home. Each educational webinar will highlight the important skills that primary care providers already have and will build upon them in order to provide a comprehensive approach to primary care in which genetic thinking is integrated in every patient encounter. Read more…