March 24, 2014
Epi Grand Rounds: Health in Rural Missouri
Learn about key findings from the 2012-2013 Health in Rural Missouri Biennial Report, including why rural Missourians tend to be less healthy than urban Missourians and recommendations for addressing these challenges.
Monday, March 24 from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m., Birch Conference Room, 930 Wildwood, Jefferson City or via webinar format
Andrew Hunter, Chief, Bureau of Health Care Analysis and Data Dissemination
Becca Mickels, Research Analyst IV, Bureau of Health Care Analysis and Data Dissemination
Melissa VanDyne, Rural Health Manager, Office of Primary Care and Rural Health
To participate via webinar format (click the below link, and register as guest):
No registration required!
February 6, 2014
You’re invited to participate in Rural Mental Health & Substance Abuse Toolkit webinar on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:00pm (Eastern).
Objectives of the webinar:
- Identify evidence and promising models that improve access to mental health and substance abuse resources in rural communities.
- Discuss setting specific models for communities, schools, and health care settings.
- Describe lessons learned from effective mental health and substance abuse program planning, implementation, and evaluation.
How to Register –
- Go to – https://nosorh.webex.com/nosorh/onstage/g.php?t=a&d=664648337
- Click Register.
- On the registration form, enter your information and then click Submit.
This call will be recorded and the viewable recording will be available on the NOSORH website – http://www.nosorh.org/news/webinars.php
January 23, 2014
Cycle 1 of the 2014 Special Projects program is now open.
Cycle 1 concept papers will be accepted online until 4pm Thursday, February 13, 2014. If you should have any questions about this funding opportunity, please direct them to your regional program officer.
Please note there will be pre-application webinar on Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 11:00 a.m. To learn more about the opportunity or to register for the webinar please visit our Special Projects Request for Concept Papers webpage.