May 20, 2015
Obesity Prevention in Rural Communities: Stories from the Field
The Association of State Public Health Nutritionists (ASPHN) and ChangeLab Solutions present a two-part webinar series featuring leaders from five rural communities or regions.
May 21, 11 AM – Noon PT / 2 PM – 3 PM ET
- Sarah Tennyson, Mountainwise (Western North Carolina) – Improving access to healthy foods in rural stores
- Ray Sharp, Western Upper Peninsula District Health Department (Michigan) – Making rural streets safer for pedestrians and bicyclists
- Kathleen Hein, Crawford County (Wisconsin) – Creating a culture of wellness in rural schools
May 20, 2015
“PQRS/Value-Based Payment Modifier: What Medicare Professionals Need to Know in 2015″ Video Presentation Posted to YouTube
A video recording of the “PQRS/Value-Based Provider Modifier: What Medicare Professionals Need to Know in 2015″ presentation has been posted to the CMS MLN Connects® page on YouTube. This presentation is the same as the webinars that were delivered on March 31, 2015 and April 7, 2015. A link to the video can be found here:
Please feel free to share this link with your partners. Thank you.
May 18, 2015
HOT OFF THE PRESSES
1. This week, the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy joined with the National Rural Health Association and Grantmakers In Health to host more than 20 foundations and trusts in the third annual meeting of Public-Private Collaborations in Rural Health. This year’s charge for the forum of philanthropic stakeholders was to determine an issue for collaboration over the next 12-24 months. After successive roundtable discussions and panel presentations, the group decided to address health equity and social determinants of health, with a specific focus on rural community leadership development. For more information, visit the Grantmakers in Health website.
May 14, 2015
The Rural Assistance Center is a collaborative effort of the University of North Dakota Center for Rural Health, and the Rural Policy Research Institute (RUPRI); and is funded by a grant through HRSA’s Office of Rural Health Policy. View the RAC Online newsletter.
May 5, 2015
Hot off the Presses
1. The Federal Office of Rural Health Policy (FORHP) is pleased to announce the 60 new awardees for the 2015 Rural Health Care Services Outreach (Outreach) grant program. Each grantee will receive up to $200,000 a year to implement three-year projects, which will help create innovative solutions to benefit the community and address its needs. These grantees will be working with a consortium of local health care providers to expand and enhance the rural health care service delivery system so that it is more coordinated and integrated. Because these grantees have adopted or adapted an evidence-based or promising practice model, they will maximize their time providing services to help improve population health and demonstrate outcomes, as well as implementing strategies to sustain their projects. These funded organizations are helping to change how health care is being delivered in rural communities. Please watch this short video that will provide a glimpse into the new 2015 cohort.
April 30, 2015
Connecting Community & Care 2015
Critical Access Hospital Conferences
presented by Eide Bailly
Kansas City, MO| Minneapolis, MN
Why You Should Attend:
- Engage with individuals who know the unique needs of rural health care and join the discussion on topics ranging from Telehealth to Leadership skills to Strategic Financial Planning and even Board Governance
- Hear award-winning, humorous and inspirational keynote speaker Renee Rongen deliver a message that will make you laugh and learn navigation tips for embracing the change in your personal and professional life
- Network with your peers to share insights and find solutions that work best in rural communities
- Protect your most valuable asset, your skills. Your skills are not only the key to value creation, but to innovation to improve the administration of care in your community
- Bring one trustee for free with each paid registration!
Check out the full lineup for this year’s conference or register at: www.eidebailly.com/cah2015.