Summer Food Service Program
The Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) helps assure that eligible populations have access to nutritious meals during the summer months. When school is not in session, SFSP provides reimbursement to community agencies offering the required continuum of meals. Eligible participants include: children 0 through 18 years of age whose family incomes are less than or equal to 185 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines; and to income-eligible adults over 18 years of age who have been determined by a state educational agency to have a disability and who participate in a school-based program for the disabled during the school year. SFSP contracts with schools and other community-based organizations to sponsor the local programs and provide meals that meet established guidelines. By increasing the nutrient intake of program participants, SFSP reduces their risk for health problems and enhances their learning capacities. The program also improves the quality of the summer programs offered in areas of economic need.
The SFSP is administered by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services and funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- Applications & Forms
- Español ¿Por qué es importante el SFSP?
- Find a SFSP site near you
- Find a SFSP site using your Mobile Devices
- The mobile-friendly map for Missouri’s Summer Food Service Program is now available. The mobile-friendly map will make the task of finding nearby SFSP sites on your mobile device much more convenient. Whether the device is an iPad, iPhone, Android, BlackBerry or Windows phone or tablet, if the mobile device has access to the internet or mobile network, it will have access to this easy to use map. On your device you can access this map by going to https://ogi.oa.mo.gov/DHSS/summerFood_mobile/index.html.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Grant Opportunities
- Online Application Instructions
- Online Claiming Instructions
- SFSP Site List for Inspectors
- Sponsor Directory
- Web Log In Screen
To become a SFSP sponsor follow the instructions in the application packet under Forms.