Organ/Tissue Donation and Registry
Register to be an organ and tissue donor to save or enhance someone's life through transplantation.
Update your profile within Missouri's Organ and Tissue Donor Registry.
Get the conversation started about
organ and tissue donation with a
"Be A Donor" specialty license plate!
Free online training for first responders,
EMTs, paramedics and fire fighters
about organ donation. Provides 1 hour
of continuing education.
Help ensure your life-saving decision is fulfilled:
- Make a decision about organ and tissue donation.
- Join the Missouri organ and tissue donor registry.
- Inform your family, friends, faith leader, and physician of your decision.
- Complete the back of your driver's license with a permanent marker.
Did you know that you can choose to have your donation designated for transplant therapy, research, etc.? You can also add restrictions if you want, i.e., skin, heart valves, etc. Update your profile today.
- On average, 22 people die each day while waiting for a transplant
- Missouri Registry Total: 3,482,304 (2.5.16)
- National Waitlist Totals: 122,226 (12.15.15)
- Kidney: 1,185 - MO Waitlist (12.31.15)
- Kidney/Pancreas: 16 - MO Waitlist (12.31.15)
- Pancreas: 7 - MO Waitlist (12.31.15)
- Liver: 188 - MO Waitlist (12.31.15)
- Heart: 69 - MO Waitlist (12.31.15)
- Lung: 28 - MO Waitlist (12.31.15)
- Heart/Lung: 2 - MO Waitlist (12.31.15)
- Intestine: 3 - MO Waitlist (12.31.15)
- Any Organ: 1,480 - MO Waitlist (12.31.15)
- Total number of patients in all organ types is less than the sum of the organs
due to patients listed for multiple organs. Source-Based on OPTN data as of December 4, 2015.
Living kidney donation creates brotherly
Two men became MTN Ambassadors after a second chance at life bonded them as brothers, or as they refer to themselves, "kidney cousins"…