Organ/Tissue Donation and Registry
Register to be an organ and tissue donor to save or enhance someone's life through transplantation.
Update your profile within Missouri's Organ and Tissue Donor Registry.
"It was the best decision I could make"
Angela Johnson recalls the moment she decided to donate the organs and tissues of her 16-year old son. "My son was 16 in 2001, and he was a gunshot victim," Angela said…
Help ensure your life-saving decision is fulfilled:
- Make a decision about organ and tissue donation.
- Join the Missouri organ and tissue donor registry.
- Inform your family, friends, faith leader, and physician of your decision.
- Complete the back of your driver's license with a permanent marker.
Did you know that you can choose to have your donation designated for transplant therapy, research, etc.? You can also add restrictions if you want, i.e., skin, heart valves, etc. Update your profile today.
- On average, 22 people die each day while waiting for a transplant
- Missouri Registry Total: 3,746,985 (4.23.18)
- National Waitlist Totals: 114,963 (3.5.18)
- Kidney: 1,111 - MO Waitlist (2.28.18)
- Kidney/Pancreas: 13 - MO Waitlist (2.28.18)
- Pancreas: 8 - MO Waitlist (2.28.18)
- Liver: 171 - MO Waitlist (2.28.18)
- Heart: 45 - MO Waitlist (2.28.18)
- Lung: 11 - MO Waitlist (2.28.18)
- Heart/Lung: 3 - MO Waitlist (2.28.18)
- Intestine: 3 - MO Waitlist (2.28.18)
- Any Organ: 1,348* - MO Waitlist (2.28.18)
- *Total number of patients in all organ types is less than the sum of the organs
due to patients listed for multiple organs. Source-Based on OPTN data as of February 28, 2018.
Get the conversation started about
organ and tissue donation with a
"Be A Donor" specialty license plate!