Eligibility for Free Mammograms and Pap Tests 2012-2013
As a woman, you may qualify for free breast and cervical cancer screenings, just as thousands of women have already done.* Missouri's Show Me Healthy Women (SMHW) program provides these cancer screenings free to age and income eligible women.
Women Age 50 to 64 or Older without Medicare Part B
- Are eligible for a clinical breast examination (CBE), a mammogram, plus a pelvic examination and Pap test.
Women Age 35-49
- Are eligible for a pelvic examination, Pap test and CBE.
- Are eligible for diagnostic breast services if the CBE results are suspicious for cancer.
- Are eligible for diagnostic cervical services if their initial/follow-up cervical cancer screening (Pap test) was abnormal and was provided by a participating provider or through outside referrals with abnormal Pap test results.
Cervical Cancer Screenings for Women who have had a Hysterectomy
- Due to cervical cancer or dysplasia are eligible for CBE, pelvic examination and Pap test.
- Due to any reason other than cervical cancer or dysplasia are eligible for one Pap test and pelvic examination to determine the absence or presence of the cervix.
- Due to conditions other than cervical cancer or dysplasia and the cervix is absent are eligible for a CBE.
For more information, call the National Cancer Institute Cancer Information Service (CIS) at 1-800-422-6237, press option “1”, or contact us.
*Women with MO HealthNet, Medicare Part B or HMO health coverage are not eligible for SMHW.
Updated: February 2013