- Health Professionals Registry (MoHWoRx) NEW
- Missouri Health Professional Placement Services
- Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSA)
- National Health Service Corps
- Federally Qualified Health Care Centers
In parts of Missouri, a shortage of primary health care providers makes it difficult for low-income, uninsured and geographically isolated Missourians to receive health care. By working with health care providers and communities, access to care can be improved for the underserved.
The six (6) programs offered through DHSS to address this issue are:
- Primary Care Resource Initiative for Missouri (PRIMO). PRIMO is a multi-faceted approach to improve the availability and the delivery of health care services for all Missourians.
- Nurse Student Loan Program provides financial aid to students pursuing careers as licensed practical nurses or professional nurses in Missouri.
- Health Professional State Loan Repayment provides funding for the repayment of qualified educational loans for qualifying Health Professionals.
- Nurse Loan Repayment Program (NLRP) provides funding for the repayment of loans for Advanced Practice and Registered Nurses.
- J-1 Visa/State 30 Waiver Program. This program allows a foreign medical graduate to attend an advanced training program in the United States and waives the requirement for graduates to return to their native country. The physician’s waiver is granted in exchange for an obligation to work for three years in an underserved area of Missouri.
- National Interest Waiver program allows foreign-trained doctors to work in underserved areas of Missouri.
Applications are accepted throughout the year. Selections for funding are completed in May of every year.