State Public Health Laboratory
- Delayed till 10/23/17- MSPHL Clinical LIMS Implementation
- Administrative Rule Review
- Updated Suggested Reporting Language for HIV Laboratory Diagnostic Testing
- Water Testing Handling Fee to be Reinstated
- DHSS Health Alerts, Advisories and Updates
(includes Zika alerts, advisories and updates)
- Zika Testing
The Missouri State Public Health Laboratory is dedicated to promoting, protecting and partnering for health by delivering quality public health laboratory services.
About five million tests (many required by law) are performed in the MSPHL and one branch laboratory located in Poplar Bluff. Approximately 406,920 mailing kits are assembled and distributed each year for the return of specimens from hospitals and private laboratories as well as city, county and district health offices. The MSPHL also functions as a reference lab for medical laboratories in the state and confirms results or completes organism identification.