- Related Links
- Laws & Regulations
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Applications & Forms
- Maintenance Reports
- Simulator Certifications
The State Public Health Laboratory is responsible for providing scientific and technical oversight to our state’s operators, supervisors, training and technical instructors for the approximate 473 breath alcohol (BA) analyzers. These instruments are used to analyze the breath sample from an individual suspected of alcohol consumption.
The regulations cover the following:
- Determination of alcohol or drugs from a sample of blood, breath, urine or saliva.
- Approve satisfactory techniques.
- Evaluate and approve breath analyzer instruments used in our state.
- Approve equipment or methods to be considered valid.
- Establish standards to ascertain the qualifications and competence of individuals to conduct analyses.
- Issue permits to conduct analyses, which shall be subject to termination or revocation.
- Provide scientific and technical testimony and consultation for DWI cases.