Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs
- On-Line Registration System:
- APPLY - On-Line Registration System or MAKE CHANGES to a Registration
Only the actual registrant may apply for and make changes to a registration.
Applications and changes may not be delegated to any other person.
NOTICE - Registration processing times & certificates
Applying online allows for a faster processing and issuance. Applicants may check the bureau’s website periodically and click on the real-time link below to verify if a registration has been issued. The BNDD no longer mails certificates and they may be printed from this link above.
Activities and programs of the Department of Health and Senior Services ensure the safe and legal handling and distribution of narcotics and dangerous drugs used in the manufacture of controlled substances in Missouri. The department also works with law enforcement and other agencies to minimize the abuse of controlled substances in the state.
- Maintaining a registry, as required by state law, of the individuals and firms who prescribe, dispense or otherwise conduct activities which involve controlled substances.
- Encouraging proper management of controlled substances through routine inspections and audits of the records which must be kept by firms and individuals who lawfully manufacture, distribute, or dispense controlled substances.
- Investigating suspected irregularities or mismanagement involving controlled substances. Such investigations originate with complaints from the general public, other government agencies or may develop from routine inspections and audits conducted by Department representatives.
- Acting to correct or prevent unlawful practices, when detected, through education, or, if necessary, administrative action against the registration of the firms or individuals involved.
- Updating the Missouri Controlled Substances list each year and filing changes in the list with the Missouri Secretary of State for publication in the Missouri Register and the Code of State Regulations.