Epidemiology Exercises for Regional Response Teams
Please note: The files listed below are zipped files. You will be asked if you want to open file from current location or save to disk. Select save to disk and then select which directory to store file in. Files may take a few minutes to download. Files will be downloaded as a zipped file. They will need to be unzipped to view.
- Blurred Vision in the State Capitol - Works through initial reporting, case finding, evaluation, and response to an unusual cluster of symptoms. (Introductory Exercise)
- The Cruise Blues - Describes an outbreak of “flu-like” illness following a cruise. Focuses on case-finding and the subsequent epidemiology. There is an emphasis on interviewing, with several role-playing activities. (Northwestern Region Exercise) Note: This is a large (1.8 MB) download.
- March Madness - Explores Communication and jurisdictional issues between various entities, and when to notify “up the chain”. (Eastern Region Exercise)
- Fall Football Affliction - Examines a number of individual case reports to determine their relationship and existence of a common event. (Southwestern Region Exercise)
- Just Another Weekend in a Sleepy College Town - Uses surveillance and Epi techniques to try to connect a number of disparate reports and determine the existence, cause and intervention of a possible outbreak. (Central Region Exercise)
- Fatal Pneumonia in the Heartland - Uses surveillance and medical record review to determine the possible source of a number of cases of atypical fatal pneumonia in a picturesque Southeastern Missouri Town. (Southeastern Region Exercise) Note: This is a large (5 MB) download