Provider Reassessment Participation Requirements
Participation in the provider reassessment process is voluntary. If a Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) provider chooses to participate they must meet all requirements outlined below.
- HCBS providers must be assigned a Medicaid provider type 27 number by Missouri Medicaid Audit and Compliance (MMAC) to participate and receive payment.
- Participation in provider reassessment training is required for all assessors. HCBS providers who offer training to qualified assessors must attend a Division of Senior and Disability Services (DSDS) sponsored training. All assessors must meet the qualifications below.
- Licensed Registered Nurse (RN), or
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Gerontology, Nursing, Health Science, Health Care Administration, Human Resources, Political Science, Anthropology, Human Services, Public Administration, Education, Counseling, Criminal Justice, or a closely related field.
To enroll in DSDS sponsored training, potential attendees must submit proof of qualification to email@example.com and visit Provider Reassessment Information. Following receipt and approval of registration, an email confirmation will be sent by DSDS.
- SharePoint registration is required to obtain reassessment assignments. Proof of participation in provider reassessment training will be verified by DSDS prior to approval of SharePoint access. Following the review and approval of the request, an email will be sent by DSDS with sign on information.
- All Protected Health Information (PHI) must be exchanged securely. HCBS providers must either have their own encryption software or utilize the Proofpoint software initiated by DSDS.