Provider Reassessment Participation Requirements
Participation in the provider reassessment process is voluntary. If a Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) provider chooses to participate they must meet all requirements outlined below.
- HCBS providers must be assigned a Medicaid provider type 27 number by Missouri Medicaid Audit and Compliance (MMAC) to participate and receive payment.
- Participation in provider reassessment training is required for all assessors. HCBS providers who offer training to qualified assessors must attend a Division of Senior and Disability Services (DSDS) sponsored training. All assessors must meet the qualifications below.
- Licensed Registered Nurse (RN), or
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Gerontology, Nursing, Health Science, Health Care Administration, Human Resources, Political Science, Anthropology, Human Services, Public Administration, Education, Counseling, Criminal Justice, or a closely related field.
To enroll in DSDS sponsored training, potential attendees must submit proof of qualification to firstname.lastname@example.org and visit the Provider Reassessor Registration site. Following receipt and approval of registration, an email confirmation will be sent by DSDS.
- SharePoint registration is required to obtain reassessment assignments. To register for SharePoint, contact DSDS HCBS Systems and Data Reporting Unit at email@example.com and provide the following:
- Provider agency name
- Medicaid provider type 27 number
- Contact name
- Contact telephone
- Contact e-mail
- All Protected Health Information (PHI) must be exchanged securely. HCBS providers must either have their own encryption software or utilize the Proofpoint software initiated by DSDS.