Child Care and COVID-19
Below you will find communications to child care facilities from the Section for Child Care Regulation (SCCR), as well as guidance from the Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) and other resources.
Notification of Closure
If you make a decision to close your facility, you must notify the Section for Child Care Regulation (SCCR) by filling out this form. You will be required to provide the following information:
- Email Address
- Facility Name
- Facility Address
- County of Facility
- Departmental Vendor Number (DVN)
- Will your program be open while schools are closed?
- If you will not remain open when schools are closed, when are you closing?
- Was the decision to close required by local public health or was it voluntary?
- If voluntary, what prompted your decision (i.e. staff absences, low attendance, social distancing, etc.)?
- Would you be willing to reopen to care for families of first responders and medical personnel if needed?
- If you are closing, do you have teachers who would be willing to help provide child care at a different center?
- If yes, provide their names, email address, and phone number
Communications from DHSS-SCCR
- Emergency School Closing Rule – Licensed Programs Only (5.4.20)
- Guidance for Re-Opening (4.30.20)
- COVID-19 (4.21.20)
- Information on Federal Relief (4.3.2020)
- COVID-19, Thursday April 2, 2020
- SCCR Updates (3.26.20)
- COVID-19: Additional Guidance Resources for Child Care Facilities (3.19.20)
- COVID-19 Updates on SCCR Website (3.17.20)
- Update: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources (3.12.20)
- Resources regarding Coronavirus (3.2.20)
- Flyer for Returning to Work (5.7.20)
- FAQs for Child Care Programs Re-opening after COVID (4.29.20)
- Cloth Face Covering Guidelines (4.21.20)
- Child Care in CARES Act (4.3.20)
- SBA Loans Available to Child Care Providers FAQ (4.3.20)
- Child Care COVID-19 Scenarios with Action Steps (4.2.20)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Early Childhood Mental Health - COVID-19 Resources for families and children (3/27/20)
- Emergency Child Care flyer
- Guidance from DHSS Bureau of Environmental Health Services (3.13.20)
- Interim Guidance for Child Care Facilities Regulated by DHSS (3.19.20)
- Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services
- SCCR Emergency – Q &A Guidance for Licensed Providers (5.4(.20)