Welcome to the Missouri wichealth.org website. Here you will find resources that will assist you in providing another option to Missouri WIC participants for nutrition education.
What is wichealth.org
This unique form of nutrition education is stage-based and participant-centered. Parents and caregivers for non-high risk participants who complete an online nutrition lesson receive a certificate of completion that can be counted as a nutrition education contact. With over 30 different lessons and over 1,000 nutrition education resources including videos, interactive tools, powerful testimonials, in-depth articles, and quick downloadable lists, WIC participants will find something that piques their interest, fits their learning style, and keeps them engaged. Participants can also save any number of resources to their favorites list and revisit them anytime. They can also share any link via email, Facebook, or Twitter, effectively expanding the delivery and potential impact of nutrition education among WIC participants.
- Available for English and Spanish speaking participants.
- Currently used by WIC programs in 30 states to provide participant nutrition education.
- Health eKitchen is available to all state partners, with a Health eKitchen Recipe Finder, a recipe and video library which provides ongoing ideas, education, and support associated with shopping, preparing, cooking, and storing an extensive array of WIC approved foods.
How does it work?
- WIC staff promotes wichealth.org to eligible non-high risk participants.
- The participant creates an account and completes a lesson.
- The participant sends the certificate via email or presents the certificate to the local agency after the completion of a lesson.
- Upon verification of a completed lesson, the staff follows up with the participant to offer more clarification or answer questions the participant may have.
- Training Presentation - The training was presented on September 4, 2014.
Webinar and PowerPoint slides
- Promotion Plan - Use this promotion plan template as a guide to create a plan for your own agency.
- Nutrition Education Policy ER# 2.06400 and USDA Nutrition Education Guidance
Access the wichealth.org support site for LA staff here
- Contact your district nutritionist if you have any questions regarding implementing wichealth.org in your agency.
- Contact Kelly Teeple by email at Kelly.Teeple@health.mo.gov or phone 573-526-7961 for any clarification on materials or resources provided on this website and questions about your wichealth.org accounts.