June 8, 2020 WIC Updates
SUBJECT 1: Using Cisco Webex from a Mobile Device
SUBJECT 1: Using Cisco Webex from a Mobile Device. Cisco Webex is a great tool to use for connecting with others for virtual meetings and training! Webex is the format that is used for many WIC state office virtual meetings and training sessions. Webex allows participants to view training demonstrations and engage in interactive discussions. The state agency recommends that laptops be used to participate in training and meetings that have a “presentation” feature, as viewing documents and demonstrations on a smaller mobile device such as a tablet or phone can be challenging. However, if training or meeting participants do not have access to a laptop or computer/monitor, they may join the Webex training from a mobile device by downloading the Webex app. Please see instructions for downloading the Webex app below:
Using Webex from a Mobile Device
- Visit your iPhone App store or Google Play for Android, search for Webex meetings, locate and download Cisco Webex Meetings App.
- Once downloaded, open app.
- Screen should show: “Join Meeting, Sign In, Don’t have an account? Sign up”
- Click on Join Meeting. It will ask for your name and email address. The name you enter will be displayed for attendees to see.
- When first setting up Webex on a mobile device it will say “Webex would like to access the microphone.” Select Allow. Next it will say “Webex would like to access the camera.” Select Allow.
- Now you are ready to join a Webex meeting. Enter the meeting number or URL. The meeting number is listed in the Webex email invitation that you receive. Enter that number and click on Join in the top right of screen.
- These directions were written based on steps for using Webex on an iPhone. Steps on an Android phone may be somewhat different.
Please contact your TA staff if you have any questions.