July 29, 2019 WIC Updates
SUBJECT 1: Microcuvette and Analyzer Order - Response Required
SUBJECT 2: Newly Designed WIC Outreach Brochure (Item# 175)
SUBJECT 3: Border State Residency
SUBJECT 4: Updated Food and Formula Reference Guide (FFRG) - Formula Listing (Effective August 1, 2019) and Formula Changes
SUBJECT 5: Windows 10 Update
SUBJECT 1: Microcuvette and Analyzer Order - Response Required. It’s time to order microcuvettes by completing the survey. Please follow the instructions below to ensure your agency receives an adequate supply of microcuvettes and/or analyzers:
- Microcuvette Survey: Please complete and return the attached survey via e-mail to WICOperations@health.mo.gov by August 9, 2019. This will ensure no interruption in the supply of microcuvettes. Please verify that you use the most recent survey.
- Microcuvette Order: The information from the survey will be used to identify the current supply on hand at each agency and to estimate the needs of each agency for the next six months. The microcuvette order will be shipped directly to your agency.
- Analyzers: Analyzers are also available to agencies by completing the request and justification.
SUBJECT 2: Newly Designed WIC Outreach Brochure (Item# 175). The WIC outreach brochure #175 is available from the DHSS warehouse. Please order the brochure using the revised WIC-8 form (attached) as needed. If you have any questions, please contact Takako Tagami at Takako.Tagami@health.mo.gov
SUBJECT 3: Border State Residency. When participants are applying for the WIC program in Missouri and live in a bordering state, please remember to follow WOM Policy 3.01800 Residence Requirements for Participants. Participants who live in a shared border state may be served in Missouri if they work or receive health care in Missouri. The local agency (LA) is required to take precautions to prevent dual participation by contacting the WIC program in the applicant’s state of residency. The contact and reason (employment or receives healthcare) needs to be documented in a general note in MOWINS. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact your district TA staff.
SUBJECT 4: Updated Food and Formula Reference Guide (FFRG) - Formula Listing (Effective August 1, 2019) and Formula Changes. Due to the changes listed below, the FFRG - Formula Listing has been updated:
- Enfamil ProSobee (RTU) has changed from 6-pack (8 fl oz) to a 32 fl oz bottle.
- Enfamil A.R. (RTU) is being discontinued.
- Similac Special Care 24 and Similac Special Care 30 have changed from 8 bottles/carton to 4 bottles/carton.
- EleCare for Infants DHA/ARA check description will be updated in MOWINS.
Please see the attachment for details and begin using the attached FFRG-Formula listing (effective August 1, 2019). If you have questions, please contact Takako Tagami at firstname.lastname@example.org
SUBJECT 5: Windows 10 Update. Microsoft will no longer be supporting any operating system older than Windows 10 at the end of 2019. ITSD’s goal is to have all WIC computers converted to Windows 10 by September in time for the eWIC Pilot starting in October. If you are expecting a 5-year replacement computer this year, it will have Windows 10 preinstalled on it.