February 4, 2019 WIC Updates
SUBJECT 1: WIC Funding Update and Sample Press Release
SUBJECT 2: Launch of New WIC Website
SUBJECT 3: Microcuvette and Analyzer Order
SUBJECT 4: FY2018 Subrecipient Annual Financial Report
SUBJECT 1: WIC Funding Update and Sample Press Release. The following information on WIC funding was emailed to local agencies on Thursday, January 31:
The Missouri WIC program has received funding to support normal program operations through at least March 31, 2019. WIC local agencies should continue normal program operations with confidence that they will be reimbursed by the state agency. Local agencies should continue to issue WIC checks to participants, including issuing April, May, and June checks during March for participants on tri-monthly issuance, per policy. It is important to communicate to participants that they should continue to attend their WIC appointments and that they may redeem all checks they are issued at authorized WIC retailers within the first and last dates to use, as printed on the checks.
The state agency is in communication with retailers to let them know that future check obligations have been considered prior to issuance, and that all WIC checks must be accepted, per policy, on an ongoing basis.
Attached is a press release template that local agencies can provide to media contacts and a draft Facebook post to inform participants. We will provide another update by February 28, 2019 or sooner, if more information becomes available. Please contact your district technical assistance staff or the WIC state agency with questions at 1-800-392-8209. Thank you for your cooperation and for your help in providing nutritious food and nutrition and breastfeeding services to WIC participants in Missouri.
SUBJECT 2: Launch of New WIC Website. We are excited to announce the launch of our newly designed WIC website at wic.mo.gov. The goal of the new design was to make information easier to access and the experience more intuitive for the user.
Some changes you will see:
- Breastfeeding bucket was added to the main WIC webpage
- Vertical right side navigation menu was added to each page
- Google Translate allows the site to be viewed in over 100 different languages
- The WIC Events Calendar is now an interactive Google Calendar
- Local agency training was moved under the local agency bucket to make it more accessible
We hope you enjoy the more contemporary and user friendly design. If you have any questions or feedback about the website, please contact D’Anne Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-526-0209.
SUBJECT 3: Microcuvette and Analyzer Order - Response Required. It’s time to order microcuvettes by completing the survey. Please follow the instructions below to ensure your agency receives an adequate supply of microcuvettes and/or analyzers:
- Microcuvette Survey: Please complete and return the attached survey via e-mail to WICOperations@health.mo.gov by February 8, 2019. This will ensure no interruption in the supply of microcuvettes. Please verify that you use the most recent survey.
- Microcuvette Order: The information from the survey will be used to identify the current supply on hand at each agency and to estimate the needs of each agency for the next six months. The microcuvette order will be shipped directly to your agency.
- Analyzers: Analyzers are also available to agencies by completing the request and justification.
Local Agency Confirmation: When you receive the order please do the following:
- Verify the total boxes of microcuvettes received.
- Send an email to WICOperations@health.mo.gov with the local agency name, number of boxes of microcuvettes received, and number of analyzers received if applicable within one (1) week of receiving the shipment. Confirmation of receipt is required.
If you have any questions, please email Jason Seehusen at Jason.Seehusen@health.mo.gov
Thank you for your cooperation.
SUBJECT 4: FY2018 Subrecipient Annual Financial Report. Each local agency must complete Attachment C - Subrecipient Annual Financial Report at the end of the fiscal year after the final invoice has been submitted. If the local agency has not sent this report, please do so by February 6, 2019. It may be scanned and emailed to WICOperations@health.mo.gov or faxed to 573-526-1470. Please contact Jennifer Roberts at Jennifer.L.Roberts@health.mo.gov if you have any questions.